P.O. Box 1161, QCCPO, NCR, Philippines 1100
Cell No. : +63 917-812-5546
Email : email@example.com
Facebook : Laban Konsyumer Inc.
Website : www.labankonsyumer.com
October 2, 2019
Senate Committee on Energy
Attn.: Atty. Grace Ann C. Salesa
Legislative Committee Secretary
Re : SB 174, 472, 479, 538, 638, all on Electric Vehicles
The Laban Konsyumer Inc. is a non stock and non profit consumer advocacy registered entity , an accredited consumer organization of the Department of Energy and a full term member of the Consumer International.
We respectfully submits our comments and recommendations as follows :
1. The battery or energy storage unit must be a product under mandatory certification by the concerned government agencies . As such, the appropriate product standards that are applicable under Philippine conditions must be formulated and adopted and should bear the Philippine Standards Mark . When the unit is imported, the equivalent product certification label must be permanently engraved or embossed on the product.
2. The cost of the use of the electric energy should be indexed to an equivalent energy resource, thus , consumers can quickly compare the cost and make a choice versus conventional fuel.
3. The regulators and the industry participants should inform consumers of the total cost of an electric vehicle net of fiscal incentives, and the return on investments over a period of 5 years.
4. Oil companies should designate their service stations as charging stations all across the urban cities of the country that are accessible to consumers or users of electric vehicles .
5. In the Bill proposing the creation of an Inter Agency Task Force, we propose to add a representative from the consumer sector .
The Laban Konsyumer Inc. expresses our appreciation to the various sponsors of the Bills for the opportunity to submit our comments , as well as conveying our desire to continue our participation in the deliberation of the various bills.
In fine, we support the enactment of all the above Bills.
Thank you for the opportunity to submit our comments.
Very truly yours,
Atty. Victorio Mario A. Dimagiba, AB, LLB, LLM